Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pizza Dough

I am constantly inspired by the things that other people are making/eating. One of the newest blogs that I am following is A Year in Bread. I love the individual blogs of each of the contributors too. So, inspired in fact that we're having homemade pizza for dinner.

Pizza Dough
Measure
3 cups of flour, add 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of each dried parsley, oregano, thyme and/or rosemary. Thoroughly combine with a fork. Add a generous 1 1/3 cup of warm water. Stir until combined, starting to have a ball of dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead three to five minutes into a stiff ball. Oil a large bowl, add dough and allow to double in size in a warm place (I turn my oven on and than off after a minute or two.) for an hour or so. Punch down and allow to rise for at least 15 more minutes. Roll out.
Add your favorite toppings.
Enjoy!

No comments: