Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's for Dinner? Week of June 15

Monday (6/15): Ginger and Honey Baby Back Ribs; Spinach, tomato, olive and feta bread salad
Why I thought these two dishes would be complimentary is beyond me? Both were tasty but not together.

From the cover of Bon Appetit. I doubled the amount of marinate and added more honey to the recipe. I also reduced the sauce after marinating and basted towards the end of BB-Qing. I did not make the dipping sauce, it seemed unnecessary and a little strange? In the future I would reduce the amount of salt. Very, very tasty but a bit salty.

Tuesday: Left-over Vegetable Chow Fun from Huong-Tra; Cherry cobbler

Wednesday: Gingery Pork Belly, rice and stir-fried veggies

Thursday: Something inspired by Emeril's Tangerine-glazed pork belly recipe. Given that tangerines are out of season, I suspect I will substitute oranges (or maybe even grapefruit) which are slightly more in season.
What's the story with all the pork-belly? I defrosted a large pieced of bone-in pork belly from the Mangalitsa cache, the piece was larger and more unyieldy than I suspected. So, I separated it from the bone (this piece will be used for Emeril's recipe tomorrow) and I used the boneless piece tonight.

Friday: "Everything dinner" heavy on produce. Produce, I suspect will be in the house come Friday - Potatoes, kale, left-overs from the pork belly extravaganza, avocados, cherries, peaches, and produce from this week's CSA box.

The What's for Dinner? post inspired by Chaos in the Kitchen. It seems to be a good way to both plan and re-cap the week's eating.

1 comment:

Lauren Taylor said...

I just wanted to let you know that your blog is being featured on All Access Internships on the Links page. If you didn't already know, All Access Internships is a free resource for dietetics students! You can check it out at allaccessinternships.com!
Thanks!

Lauren
All Access Internships