Thursday, March 20, 2008

First full day of Spring

I love this website, School of the Seasons.

In my heart of hearts, I like traditions. Events, rituals, what-not: Things that are repeated year after year.

Quietly, I have been working on my own set of traditions. In January to mark Martin Luther Kind Day we attended a gospel concert in his honor; In February for Valentine's Day: 2 Desserts and No Dinner and now the first full day of Spring....

For spring:
- Last night, while chatting with an old friend. I straightened up, in order to greet the "new year" with a "clean" house. I'll finish up tonight.
- I bought daffodils to brighten my apartment.
- I went to the Thursday Farmer's Market. Something, I wish was a weekly tradition.
- Tonight for dinner we-ll be having S - almon (keeping with a neo-Persian tradition).
- If Andy can find the last egg dying kit in East Bay, I'll dye eggs and than have deviled eggs a few days later.
- Moving or not, I want to plant something this weekend.
- On Sunday, it may be the first annual "ham holiday" and sweet potatoes because everyone knows you can't have ham without sweet potatoes

What are your traditions??

No comments: